LNUSC Travel Team
Tryout Information !
LNUSC Travel Team Tryout Information:
The dates, times and locations of the initial tryouts are scheduled by each LNUSC team, and are posted on this web site annually when they are finalized. Although players may chose to tryout at age groups above theirs, LNUSC encourages players to tryout for their age appropriate team. To clarify the tryout Age Group that your son/daughter should be attending, please use the following Age Group Chart.
For Insurance and liability purposes, all players that attend tryouts are required to fill out the following two forms. A LNUSC Registration Form", as well as a "Langhorne Neshaminy United Soccer Club (LNUSC) Waiver Form" prior to stepping onto the field for LNUSC tryouts.
The "LNUSC Registration Form" provides insurance to players that may not have played travel this past year, and are not registered as travel players in the EPYSA database. Those players are were registered as 2014-2015 travel players in the EPYSA database are insured by EPYSA through that team (club) that they registered with, and do not need to fill out this form.
The "Langhorne Neshaminy United Soccer Club Waiver Form" is a liability waiver for our club in the case of injury. All players that are not currently registered with LNUSC need to have a parent/guardian completely fill out and sign this form.
Please have these forms filled out (where applicable), and provide them to the coach the day of the tryout prior to walking onto the field. For convenience, please use the following link to acquire these forms.
Click here for LNUSC Tryout Forms
The following provides additional information on the travel team tryout process;
- Players should come to tryouts properly attired for the weather with shin guards, soccer shoes, a ball and water bottle.
- The coaches who will be coaching the teams in each age group have control of the player selections for their teams.
- Additional coaches or other qualified individuals (trainers) may serve as evaluators to assist the team coaches. Every effort is made to avoid any conflicts of interest the evaluators may have with the group of players trying out. While no evaluation system is perfect, LNUSC believes this is the best way to objectively select teams for the club. The coaches have been carefully selected, and the coach’s assessment of players is what LNUSC relies on for player selection. These coaches are looking for the best players to create teams exhibiting solid skills and teamwork.
- In addition, teams in an age group will have access to specialized coaching sessions (e.g., team training, technical training, coaches training, goalkeeper training, etc.), play in the most competitive league(s) available - PAGS and ICSL, and participate local, region, and state tournaments.
- Teams (and coaches) in an age group will work together, where possible, for the betterment of the players in that age group.
- At the conclusion of the tryout process, each player will be contacted letting him/her know whether they have been selected to one of the teams in that age group. For those not selected, information on playing options should be discussed with the coach.
IMPORTANT: Upon selection for an LNUSC travel team, each team will conduct a team parents meeting. At or before this meeting each player selected must deliver a non-refundable registration fee made payable to "LNUSC" to secure the player’s spot on the team. For those players selected to a LNUSC team, please use the following link to the LNUSC on-line registration (OLR) website.
Click here for LNUSC On-Line Registration
Failure to pay the required registration fee in a timely manner will result in the player being removed from the team, unless satisfactory alternative arrangements are made with the Club, coach and/or team manager.
At this team meeting the coach and team manager will discuss plans for the team and its administration. At this meeting player fees and other issues will be discussed. All players and a parent must attend this team meeting or contact the coach/team manager if they will not be there. The following items should be brought to this meeting:
- A 1"x1" head shot picture of the player. The picture must be recent and not the same as on the previous player pass, if applicable. The Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association (EPYSA) player passes only have room for a 1" X 1" picture. Please cut the picture if it is too large.
- The prior year’s player pass, if available, issued by LNUSC or previous travel club.
- If not on a registered travel soccer team in the previous year or the player pass is missing, bring one of the following:
- A copy of the player’s original State issued birth certificate.
- U. S. passport
- Military ID card
- EPYSA RG-6, and Medical Release forms completely filled out. Please use the following link to acquire these forms;
Click here for EPYSA RG-6 and Medical Release Forms
Medical information necessary to complete the EPYSA Medical Release form;
(1) Player’s doctor’s name, address and phone number
(2) Medical insurance information (e.g., carrier and policy number)
(3) Copies of the front and back of the player’s insurance card
(4) Information of the player’s allergies or noteworthy medical conditions
(5) Emergency contact names and telephone numbers.
Please note that player fees are derived from a budget prepared for each individual team. The annual estimated budget for each team should be distributed at this initial parents meeting. Teams may have different costs due to tournament play, league fees and the like. Therefore, player costs can differ from team to team depending on the age group, number of players on the team, number of tournaments, and team fund raising. Player fees are minimized by Club sponsored fund raising activities such as the Club Tournament, the primary fund raising events of the Club, and/or a team. As for uniforms, each team will have a day and time scheduled to be fitted for uniforms.